Mathasaurus is an accessible puzzle solving game that's core mechanics are based basic math functions. The player is presented with a set of numbers and has to use a the available functions to create a goal number. They need to create a tile with the goal number on it before the timer runs out; if they accomplish this then they receive additional time and another problem is generated.
The programming was done by myself, Seug "Jonathan" Park, and Yong Gui Huang with art created by Alan Culler. I'm acting as a producer for the project while the rest of the team are designers suggesting ideas to add and if they are feasible to add within our deadline then they are approved then assigned.
Some issues that are currenlty being worked on include:
- Tile's not registering being on the TileReader causing the Generator to not properly display the result of a function
- Tile's will occassionally spawn on top of each other so the player doesn't immeidately see all of their available options
- Hitboxes not fully encompassing the sprites of the tiles making it seem like tiles aren't being dragged properly
- There needs to be a more comprehensive tutorial
- The current music isn't the best fit for the game
The alpha of the game can be downloaded from here
A Group 4 Project
Mathasaurus ver 0.2.0
"River Fire" and "Groundwork" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License